hiran's Latest Headlines!!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

See What The Candle Is...

THE CANDLE : A STORY FROM THE MIRRORED WORLD…

                In the time of an imaginary existence of mine, there was a new happening unleashing a different feeling and experience in my everyday life. I named it as the discovery of a new world. Naming this world was a privilege given to me. It was a different world, and I called it “The Mirrored World”. Each and every object in this world resembled nothing but a mirror. All these mirrors and their reflections expressed a language of nothingness in their very existence. This existence was divine and undisturbed until one day, when a new character entered this world…
                Having put his first steps in this world, he found a beautiful white candle. The light of the candle was inspiring. Realizing this he walked towards the candle with utmost excitement. He felt enticed and enjoyed its presence in every step. Now that he came very close to the candle, he could hear his heart beating steadily. He wanted to touch this amazing little object which proved to be the ultimate source of light in this world. But all of a sudden his excitement came to a halt when he touched it. What appeared a candle wasn’t an object but was just a reflection in the mirror. The very next instant he became confused. Now with the passage of time, he slowly started contemplating about the candle…
                He remained with his eyes closed for a considerable amount of time. It seemed as though the whole universe was waiting for him to open his eyes. All the waiting had finally come to an end when he opened his eyes. There was a distinct spark of awareness in his eyes. Carrying the glow in his words he then revealed the all awaited truth about the candle in a single phrase…

                        “ What I had seen in the mirror,
                                                  Was my own True Self ”

-P.ADITYA HIRAN
(p.adityahiran@gmail.com)
31st Dec 2009
Bengaluru

No comments:

Post a Comment

REALIZE, REINVENT…
THE LITTLE TRUTHS OF LIFE

Recollecting the happenings in my life, let me write this beautiful story. One day I entered a room, which was filled with darkness that seemed unlimited in all its dimensions. Nothing was visible. I stayed and lived in the place where anger, frustration and tears had no meaning. There was no one to listen or speak to. With the dreadful darkness around me the only companions were the hopeless, weak thoughts.
Suddenly there was a feeling of hope taking roots from where I am, when I found a candle. It seemed as though the strength of my emotion touched the plane of the heavens, which brought help. Now, with the candle lighted I was reassured that the nature was helping me. For once I adored, respected and fell in love with the candle which showed me the world. I could now enjoy every bit of my existence as the room was filled with exquisitely beautiful things. There were no more thoughts but only pure happiness and joy that ruled my kingdom of life. The candle now appeared as God. It felt as though there was nothing more beautiful and lovely than this candle that I respect the most.
In this mesmerizing flow of events, there was one thing that I forgot. I forgot that the candle cannot last for long and its existence on this plane is temporary. When I became aware of this little truth, I understood that even my existence on this wondrous plane was temporary. And before the candle has left me, it is me who is leaving the candle. This walk into a new room may bring many more surprises and the candle remains a memory in this illusory story of existence.


- P.ADITYA HIRAN
p.adityahiran@gmail.com
22nd Oct 2009